Keep reading and scrolling below for our adoption form. Thanks.
REQUIREMENTS TO ADOPT A DOG FROM US: Read this information and scroll down for the form to fill in please. It is always apparent when folks do not read first before filling in our waiting list form below. It may take some time for the form to load on phones so please be patient. Thanks. Those who do not read below it is very obvious when they fill in adoption form below when looking for puppies or they do not have fenced yards. Thanks.
1. If in town we adopt to fenced yards, not apartments. That also includes townhouses and condos with shared walls. Dachshunds and most small dogs are too loud to be in apartments. Plus stairs are hard on spines when most folks will not carry the dogs up and down. We also require a real fence that is at least 4, tall for small dogs. Invisible fences are better for country settings but it town it does not stop larger dogs attacking a small dog in their yards.
2. If in the country we do adopt without a fence as long as you are not right next to a busy road or highway without a fencing.
3. We need to know of other pets in the home and how many. Some dogs do not do well with other dogs or with cats, etc. Please be specific and answer those questions on that form below.
4. If you work long hours please have another dog in the home so they are not home alone. Now and then we get dogs who should be placed by themselves so please read their bios where we share details so we can find the right homes.
5. If you are not willing to sign an adoption contract saying you can have patience for a new dog to settle in for three months and enough knowledge to train a new dog please do not fill in the form below.
6. If you will not contact us if having issues with your new dog or think we do not know them well enough when we have retrained and rehomed almost 3,000 dogs please avoid adopting a dog from us. When we do meet and greets we will give a lot of details and specifics for your dog. Please listen and takes our suggestions on how to settle in your new dog. We will do a Three Day Test drive and you will know if your dogs will like the new dog.
7. We strongly suggest a dog crate at night for the first month until you know their potty schedule. We start them housebreaking but it is up to adopters to get that work done do they are housebroke. Now and then we get in housebroke dogs but they are rare. Once you have their potty schedule in hand them of course they want to sleep in bed with you.
8. We send an adoption package with food, leash, collar, toys, blanket or whatever we have in stock as well as any health records. Be aware most dogs we get have no records. We do get them fixed, shots, wormed, socialized and start training basic manners before placement. We will tell you what they still need work with in their training so please listen when we adopt.
9. We will take back any dog at any time for any reason. Please message or call for help and please give us a chance to help you help to keep your dog first before bribing if them back when adopting. We do know not every dog settles in so happy to take them back and find another dog for you and your situation. No refunds. We trade dogs only. We are not in the refund business was so be sure you can be done e with enough time for a rescued dog before taking them home.
10. All adopters will be given an adoption contract to sign and given a copy. It is a promise to keep that dog the rest of their lives and no give away or resell or pass off to anyone else. The dog is returned to the rescue if the adoptive home cannot keep them. No exceptions.
11. We have no way to test on cats at our dog rescue. We have barn kitties but no indoor cats so we cannot guarantee the dogs with cats. If you have a dog savvy cat or two in the home and you are available to supervise their interactions the first month them sone can work with cats and sone cannot.
12. We do our best to match dogs in the new home since 1991. That is why we are the second longest dog rescue in this region. If you are honest on the form below we can get the right match.
13. We do not adopt to kids under age 8 for most of our dogs. Kids are just too hard on small dogs. When small kids are in the home the dogs we adopt to them are not the first priority. Yes we get in some dogs are great with kids. Some dogs hate kids and that is why they came to the rescue.
14. An adopted dog is so grateful for a great family who will cherish and spoil them rotten and include them in their family. If that is you please fill in the form below. Thanks.
We are not breeders and we do NOT have puppies usually. Please do not ask us for pups! Most folks want young dogs and you have to buy them from breeders. The dogs we have are the ones listed at www.drnw.petfinder.com or the scrolling list of dogs above. We are not secretly breeding any puppies and never will, unlike some other fake dog rescuers in this region. Even our personal dogs are fixed and always will be fixed!
We help dachshunds and dogs and mutts of all breeds but usually smaller breeds, not larger ones. We are set up for small breeds and if we get a group of dogs that has larger breeds or mixes we get them off to the right rescuers or www.spokanimal.org as needed. Spokanimal is the best animal shelter in town and place more pets than the other two shelters combined!
Have we scared you off yet from adopting? No? If not then fill in the form to adopt from us.
If you do not hear back within a week from filling in this form below please call 509-796-2140 and leave a message. We are rarely near the phone here when working animals so leave a voicemail. This is a land line so no texting. Message only. You can also message us through our rescue's Facebook page when emails and social media messages are much faster than talking on the phone here. It is hard to talk on the phone with barking and playing dogs in a small farm house. Now and then emails do not come through so get in touch at email@example.com also. I check voicemails once a day and emails several times a day here.
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING ABOVE BEFORE FILLING IN THIS FORM BELOW. THANKS FOR THAT.
If the scroller below is not working, please go to: www.drnw.petfinder.com
See our Facebook page for a listing and photos of the newest adoptable wiener dogs as they come into the rescue and when they are ready to adopt we list at the link to the right.
Our most current events and updates are on our Facebook page with photos from events, photos and videos of the dogs for adoption, free vet advice and questions answered and more. We update that page daily with over 10,000 folks on that page now.
WE ARE NOT BREEDERS. DO NOT ASK US ABOUT PUPPIES PLEASE. IF YOU WANT TO HELP US SAVE THE LIVES OF HOMELESS DOGS KEEP READING. WE TURN AWAY 500+ UNWANTED DOGS A YEAR SO WE WILL NOT BE HELPING YOU TO BREED MORE. WE ONLY KNOW BAD BREEDERS HERE. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR REFERRALS FOR GOOD BREEDERS AS WE DO NOT HAVE TO RESCUE THEIR DOGS. THEY PLACE THEIR OWN DOGS WITHOUT US. WHY SHOP WHEN SO MANY NEED TO BE ADOPTED?
All of our dogs are fixed, up to date on their shots and worming so we give any health records we are given or start more records (be aware most dogs come to rescue with NO records), come with personalities guarantees, adoption packages including food, collar, leash, harness coat, toys blankets and crates, if we have those donated items in stock.
Dachshund Rescue NW and Dachshund Club of Spokane
Dachshund Rescue NW ©
All rights reserved
Copyright 1996 - 2024, Dachshund Rescue NW - Nothing on
this site may be copied or used without written permission
of the webmaster, www.dragoonstudios.net
All photos and articles are courtesy of Dragoon Studios
and may not be copied or used without written
permission as they are copyrighted materials. All unauthorized use of any content on this site will be prosecuted.